‘The Odd Sock Learners’ has primarily been set up for Home educating families who live in Rhonnda Cynon Taff and the neighbouring valleys to:
- provide educational experiences for children (under the supervision of parents or guardians) of school age who are not at school;
- support parents who wish to education their children other than at school;
- to gear as much as possible the activities we undertake towards an ecologically sustainable future;
- to enable children to learn at their own pace in a natural environment;
- to promote knowledge, understanding and acceptance of education otherwise than at school.
We are currently meeting on a Thursday afternoon, at various locations in and around Aberdare. To find out where we are this week, please visit our weekly activities page.
Please do pop along and join us. There is no pressure to immediately join the group, but we do ask that on your 3rd visit you officially join us by filling in our membership form.